Healthy and nutritiously delicious spinach flavored rice. A quick but a scrumptious complete meal in itself. Quite a showstopper!!!
- Wok/ pan
IN YOUR KIT
- Pouch 1 Rice
- Pouch 2 Whole spices
- Pouch 3 Spice blend
- Pouch 4 Ghee
FROM YOUR PANTRY
- 1 onion(chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Oil for cooking
- Pour out the basmati rice from pouch 1 into a bowl, wash well 2 to 3 time until clear water and soak for 15 mins.
- While the rice is soaking, chop 1 onion into slices or fine.
- In a wok, heat oil, add contains of pouch 2 whole spices and stir for a minute.
- Add chopped onions, salt to taste and cook till translucent.
- Next add contains of pouch 3 the spice blend, and stir well for a minute, then add yogurt and give it a thorough mix.
- Once bubbling add in the washed rice and 2 cups water.
- Check the salt and adjust to taste if required.
- Allow to boil on medium heat for 10 mins, check occasionally.drizzle little water if required.
- Simmer for 5 mins,till completely done. Do not over cook the basmati rice.
- Turn off the stove, drizzle ghee on the top and serve hot.
- Feel free to add any of your favorite veggies like cauliflower, potatoes, peas, carrots, or green leafy veggies or micro green.