Chicken Ghee Roast Curry
- Pan / Wok
IN THE KIT
- 1 jar Ghee Roast masala
- 1 pouch Ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 pouch Garnish
- 2 pouch 1/2 cup Rice
- 2 Tortillas
FROM YOUR PANTRY
- 2 lb chicken
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup yogurt ( optional )
- In a heated pan, add Ghee, onions, and sauté till translucent.
- Scoop out the entire jar of Ghee roast onto the onions, stir for a min.
- Chop the chicken into small pieces, add to the mixture in the pan.
- Blend in the chicken well, at this point check the salt and adjust to taste.
- Simmer on low heat, allow to cook well in its own juices for 15 to 20 mins.
- At this point add yogurt if needed ( optional )
- Open and stir well, check if the chicken is tender, at this point keep on high heat for 2 to 3 mins.
- Turn of the gas. Garnish and serve hot with steamed rice or naan.
- Start the process of cooking with soaking the rice in a bowl of water for 10 mins, and then get onto the chicken recipe in order to save time.
- while your chicken is simmering, wash the rice well.
- In another pan boil, one and a half cup water, add the washed rice to the boiling water and add 1/4 tsp of salt, cover and cook on simmer for 10 mins.
- You have chicken curry cooking on one side, and rice on the other side, YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR !
- Check on the rice, if it needs water, add just about 2 to 3 spoons of water and cook till done.
- Once done, turn off your stove.
- Sever hot with chicken curry.