Biryani is one of the most amazin Royal delicacies introduced by the mughals. It’s made with indian spices, rice, meat and sometimes with eggs or veggies as well. Its a Curry buried under a mound of delicately spiced fluffy rice. A Celebration of indian food.
Ingredients in your Kit
- 1.5 Cup Cup Basmati Rice
- 1 Pack Onion Ginger Garlic mix Pack 1
- 1 Pack Spice Blend Pack 2
- 1 Pack Garnish Pack 3
- 1 Pack Dry Whole Spices Pack 4
- 1 Pack Garlic Ghee Pack 5
- 1 Pack Final Garnish Pack 6
- 1 Pack Raita( yogurt dip) Pack 7
From your Pantry
- 2 Pound Chicken
- 1/2 Cup plain yogurt for chicken
- 1 Cup plain yogurt for Raita (side)
- 4 Cups Water
- In a bowl pour out the Basmati Rice and soak for 10 mins and wash well.
- Start with marinating the chicken or any meat or veggies of your choice.
- Marinate the Chicken with yogurt pouch 1, pouch 2 & pouch 3, add lime(optional), drizzle some oil and mix well, keep aside.
- Meanwhile keep 4 cups of water to boil in a stock pot, Once boiling add pouch 4 and washed rice,. Allow to boil for 5 Mins, cook till half done (DO NOT OVERCOOK)
- Check the rice and strain in a strainer.
- In a Nonstick Wok pour out your marinated chicken and place on the stovetop on high heat for 5 to 7 mins. Keep stirring.
- Check the chicken, add 1/4 cup water and simmer on low heat.
- Layer the Half cooked rice on the chicken evenly.
- Drizzle Pouch 5 Ghee and Finally Garnish with Pouch 6 and cover for 5 to 7 mins.
- Open and stir lightly and serve hot with Raita ( mix Yogurt & Pouch 7 and stir well).